Tuesday, August 26, 2008

come on rain...

I have thoroughly enjoyed the rain the past couple days, and I hope that it lingers for just a little while longer. Just thought I'd share a little bit about that with you...

Rainy days in AZ are few and very far between. Its a very special day when those lovely clouds make their way into town to grace us with their presence, and share some of what they've been holding. I remember one time, working at Moki's, that it started pouring really hard. A lot of employees from the surrounding stores all came out to enjoy the smell and sight of rain. Its probably really funny to people not native to one of the hottest places in the world. Ok- maybe not the whole world. But at least MY world.

When it rains, I wanna strap on my tap shoes and head outdoors to try out my best impersonation of Gene Kelly from Singing In The Rain.

I love everything about rain. The smell. The feel. The sound. The excuse to cuddle with someone close. The clouds that make it possible. The lightening or thunder that sometimes accompany it. Yeah, all of it. Maybe I wasn't made for Arizona...

1 comment:

Lisa Andrews said...

Grace Kelly. Grace Kelly.

Oh no wait...you said GENE Kelly. My bad.

I agree with you E. Rain is fun. But I can't imagine having it all the time.