Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Is it time, yet??

Ever had those moments when you really just don't want to keep doing what you're doing?? Yeah, I've had LOTS of those moments lately. I know I say this a lot, but ever since Nursing school started I feel like I've lost a bit of ME! The adventurous, spontaneous, always happy Elena. I feel like I'm always tired, sometimes dragging, and just moving with the flow. I remember when we had our very first orientation we were warned, or "prepared" to be on a rollercoaster through school and that the next 2 years (and now for me, 2 and a half) would be the kind of hard you never understand until you've done it. Well, now I understand. And, its H-A-R-D. Worth it, but hard.

I miss going on random hikes with groups of friends, weekend camping trips throughout the summer, roadtrips to the beach, late nights laughing and doing whatever without worrying about needed sleep, studying, or early morning wake up calls. I guess this is what being a grown up is all about.

But- I don't want to be THAT kind of grown up. Who never has fun, and only works to live, etc. I guess this is just the phase I need to get through to get something BETTER than what I had before. Not that money can't buy happiness, but it sure helps ;)

I know this is really random, but I just had to vent. My list of adventures I want to go on just keeps getting longer. My "When I'm Done With Nursing School" Adventure list. Ahh...

Until then, I'll continue to make the most of it. I am blessed. I am healthy, I am alive. I have wonderful friends, and the most amazing family I could EVER ask for. The Lord is good to me. More than I can begin to comprehend.

May 2012, I am so excited to see you.

These are just a few places on my list. Enjoy oogling over them as I do too often:


Bali

Italy

Not sure which island, but the point is ANY island, me in THAT hammock you see right there...

Greece

Holland


Thailand


Again, not sure where this is exactly... my google search was Tahiti.

No comments: