Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'm going there someday...




I LOVE the Mesa LDS temple. It is such a special place to me, not only because of the significance a temple means to me concerning my religion, but because of the many experiences I've had involving this specific temple.

I also love art. I love taking a white empty canvas and creating something beautiful. {but I am NO artist by any means!}I'm not the kind of artist who can sit and create something amazing out of my own imagination. I more so like to take pictures and draw them, or look at some object and draw it. Now I'm rambling...

Art and creativity run in the family. Pretty much everyone in my family can draw/paint. One of my uncles does it professionally. My aunt should do it professionally. She took a drawing class this past semester and learned the technique of using charcoal. I absolutely love black and white images, and love the art she created. I thought it would be fun to learn, so I asked her if she could teach me the basics so I could create my own picture to hang on my wall. So today I went over and in a few hours I came home with this drawing!



It was an awesome day. And I came home with smudges of charcoal all over. It was such a relaxing time, and hope to continue improving this talent!

Still need a frame though... { Don't look too closely, you'll see all my uneven lines ;) }

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That is beautiful Elena! You are so talented!