Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Catching some zzz's

I was exhausted at work today. My sleep habits are not the best, and I tend to get the worst sleep when I work the next day. Causing me to wake up at 6 am, to work a 9 hour shift. Yeah, not too bad. But sitting at a desk all day doesn't make it any easier to keep mis ojos open. Today was one of those tough days, finding myself constantly wishing I was in bed still, wrapped in my voluptuous feather comforter. Really, my bed is one of my favorite places on earth. And I love sleeping. So avoiding naps doesn't make it very easy.
Once 4 o'clock hit, I was outta there. I did my absolute best to keep mis ojos open on the drive home. And succeeded. Luckily. I rushed into my room, and changed into some more comfy clothes as fast as I could. . . and fell asleep. That was around 5. I set my alarm to 5:45 pm, knowing I had dance and a test to study for. Many calls and a few texts later, I find myself waking up around 8 pm. Hmm....no bueno.

I haven't taken a nap in a long time (about a week or two, really- thats a long time), because I love the feeling of being utterly exhausted at the end of the day and crashing in bed. When I nap, it is impossible to make it any less than 2 hours, and even though it is great to sleep, I always seem to feel worse afterwards. Normally resulting in me not getting to bed very early (like a nap really affects that, anyway).

I guess what I want to say is that I love taking naps. But I hate the after effects. Especially when they are taken so late into the day. I waste precious time I could have been doing something more productive, like have my nose stuck in my Anatomy and Physiology II book, preparing for a huge lab practical I have manana.

Yeah. . . Thats all.

1 comment:

Lisa Andrews said...

You are silly. When I read "ojos" I pronounced it in my head like "Oh Joe's" and I was a little confused. Please stop speaking Spanglish. Jk.