Monday, September 29, 2008

Sneaky Sneaky

Three Facts:
1) I have an incredibly short attention span.
2) I have an incredibly boring and monotonous office job.
3) Lisa works in the cube across from me.

So, My boss and I get a little creative from time to time...
We use cans of compressed air to dust off the inside of our little office machines when they start malfunctioning. It works a lot of the time. I have at least 3 cans in my little cube alone, and not enough malfunctions to use them on. This is where it gets fun.


I'm leaving at noon today, to go home and continue my studies for a huge test I have tomorrow. Besides that fact, it is a Monday. At work. Which means it is relatively slower than most days of the week. I just finished organizing the checks that came in, pulled the invoices, and counted them up. They are now officially ready to be deposited. Since the program is not on my computer, I go to my boss' cube next door to use her's. However, as I sit down to make the deposits, I realize that I hadn't taken a moment to visit Lisa in a while. So I figured I'd surprise her with some extra oxygen today. Can in hand, I'm ready... I sneak up to her cube, very quietly... like so:



I found her eating a granola bar, entering in numbers and junk for whatever she does for work, and singing "I'm bad" by Michael Jackson. So, I pull down my hood and pull the trigger and....


BAM!!!


Ah. Nice. It worked out perfectly. My ninja catlike tactics worked like a bowl of lucky charms. This made for a very successful Monday at work.

Mission: ACCOMPLISHED.


***NOTE: Pictures used are NOT the originals of the act performed. Professional actresses were used to recreate the event.

5 comments:

+AM+ said...

haha. this is what i wanna see from you every time on here!

Eric Downing said...

This story was very entertaining. We use to do all sorts of fun stuff and pranks when all my friends still worked where I work, but now everyone is gone so its just boring.

Lisa Andrews said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh my gosh, this is BY FAR my favorite blog post of yours to date! Whoa! Thank you for that. It was so nice to read after that torturous mandatory lunch meeting.

AAErickson said...

Very funny!!! Is Lisa on Gmail? Haha...cause that's all I thought she ever did at work! J/K. I'm jealous that I don't have anyone to work with. I'm all by myself at work! Totally lame!

Emily said...

Professional actresses eh? Wow, what talent! Very funny. Thanks for giving Lisa a refill. JK.